Last week 3 patches regarding our touch support for Firefox successfully landed on trunk, and with them I’d say that interacting with Firefox using a touchscreen is getting quite comfortable. In addition, more progress was done in the events front, and I’ve got some cool examples that I hope to demonstrate and blog about soon.
– Beginning of the week: landed Bug 503042 (css selector) and bug 503889 (css changes)
– Bug 503541 (widget gesture registration): worked on it, got r+ from smaug and roc, landed!
– built demos using the multitouch events
– brainstormed with smaug about touch events; wrote details of the current implementation (+ questions) of the events on a wiki page to get comment and feedback
– Publish video with demos and write about them
– get feedback and iterate on the current events implementation
– investigate how to tie together the events and the OS gestures